Wednesday, November 22, 2006

""You once said you would change the world for me.., chuck the world! You said you would bring out a difference for me! You claimed to love me! You claimed to care for me! And then there was a day.., when I woke up to find people looking at me with amusement, they clicked pictures.., was I famous?! Was I the one in a big car?! When I was born mom took me around... she loved me... dad loved me too... only he dint know how to show. My sisters loved me.., but I dint see them for long. My brother was around for some time... but don’t know... Guess he left for some work. A nice man took him to work. We had a big house... no1 ever lived in such big houses. But my friends and I did.
Then one day... mommy said I had played enough and called me home. She said someone got me chocolates. He did. Nice man.., he loved me too... he touched me tenderly. For a long time... He met me everyday. He got chocolates. Mommy told me to love him. She said he was nice. He was really nice. She said I was a big girl. And big girls were touched by men who loved them. All the men who touched me loved me. And they did. They loved me. They got me good things. They got me other men to love. I loved everybody. And then the people in uniform came and took me away. Now I’m here. Away from mommy and daddy. They tell me they are here too... but they don’t meet me. They say I am a bad girl. Am I bad for obeying mommy? You said you would help me... Nobody did. But mommy stayed with me throughout. She cried for me... you dint. Mommy was loved too... She cried too... for herself. Nobody helped her? Then why am I in the papers today?! Why do my neighbors and friends throw stones at me?! ""


I wrote this piece when I read an article in the papers. A 12 yr old makes it big in the papers as she was into “prostitution”. She was a roadside dweller. People throwing stones..., media clicking pictures. Why? How does one react to this? Read it and tell your family of how bad the city gets. Not one person has the guts to stand up. Stand up for? Would a 12 yr old have the brains to make money over selling off her womanhood? Unanswered questions... stay the same.

8 comments:

Manali said...

Purely My thoughts..

Its upto you if you may think my thoughts are rong!

Unknown said...

akshay shali : WOW, u really blew me away with this one..AMAZING..well i dont know where to begain.. first iam sorry for the little girl, which in no way is any consolation to what she has gone through..really sad. i dont want use the wrds like shot the bastards who did this..cause i know that is never gonna happen..so lets put that aside..the more important concern shud be abt the girl who still does not know what has happened to her..and people telling the she is selling her womanhood..a load of bull shit..how can a 12 yr old who has not even attained her woman hood be a prostitute,,this is a simple case of GANG RAPE (yes thts what it is).and well the media has also gone along for the ride..great before writing sumthin like this they shud first talk abt the plight of the girl and they shud be the first one to stand up foe her..and i dont know who the blame the girl(for believing in her mom), the mom(for making/forcing her daughter believe in her), the rapists(for obvious reasons), the media , the society or US..reading and writing this article has given me totally new perspective abt lifr, that it is not as rosy, easy and hapy as we think abt it. the only concern of mine is that some one shud geniunely look after the girl and i hope that the politicians or some shity NGO do not try to take out some personal mileage from this incident..chow...

Manali said...

thanks Akshay!!
We need a collective effort going on for this!:)

The Puppet said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Puppet said...

Reality. Hits Hard.

Manali said...

its juz.. Waiting, wanting and wishin!

Bridget Jones said...

Very Well Said Indeed.

Hemant Chhatre said...

Very touching thoughts in deed. I feel huge potential for theater play on this, which certainly can generate awareness about the subject.